Monday, January 24, 2011

New blog, and my first own blog design

Some of you may noticed my absence for weeks. Well, fact is: since Christmas I have been sick more or less all the time. But I also was busy with my second blog.

I am a very crafty person, and I love all things handmade, all kind of crafts. But since I'm a mom, I deeply got into designing and sewing children's clothing and accessories, toys, nice and useful stuff. Suddenly I realised how many things for babies and toddlers didn't meet my expectations at all. I didn't want to buy some of these things I didn't like, just because nothing else was available. So I started to make things of my own. Things made of wood and fabric, be it cotton or wool, natural fibers. I have a sketchbook full of ideas and designs, and I have a fabric stash ready to be used up. OK, the only problem is time. (I still have family duties and lot of housework to do, not to mention a garden...)

My label "Babelina & Button" was born. In December I attended at a local Christmas fair with a lot of my "products", shopping cats covers, wooden hangers, hair clip holders, pacifier bags, girl's dresses, soft toys etc. And even though people here are not so keen on handmade stuff, I could sell some things.

I set up a special blog with a shop for my new "boutique", and I even made my own blog design - the first ever! I am so amazed, my head sometimes is buzzing with all the new ideas that I have, and I wish the day would have more than just 24 hours...

Please understand that my teddies will have to wait a little bit in the meantime. I will not give them up, they are part of my life, but I will try to expand my business and find more buyer, thus being able to contribute to our family's income.

If you are interested in seeing my new blog (even if it's only available in German), you're most welcome, I'd love to see you there!


Ich poste nicht mehr so häufig, denn seit Weihnachten war ich mehr oder weniger immer krank. Aber ich war auch sehr beschäftigt, denn ich habe einen neuen Blog.


Ich war schon immer sehr kreativ und handwerklich begabt. Seit ich aber Mutter bin, habe ich begonnen, mich eingehend mit dem Entwerfen und Nähen von Kinderkleidern und Accessoires, Spielsachen etc. zu befassen. Eine neue Welt! Denn plötzlich musste ich realisieren, dass viele der angebotenen Artikel nicht meinen Vorstellungen entsprachen. So begann ich sie selber zu machen, aus Holz oder Stoff aus natürlichen Fasern. Es sollten Schöne und nützliche Sachen sein, die Bestand haben. Mittlerweile habe ich unzählige Entwürfe und Projekte. Ok, das einzige Problem ist die Zeit. (Ich habe ja auch noch Pflichten gegenüber meiner Familie, ganz zu schweigen vom Garten.)


So enstand mein Label "Babelina & Button". Im Dezember nahm ich an einem lokalen Weihnachtsmarkt teil, im Angebot Einkaufswagen-Polster, Schnuller-Taschen, Kleider, Kleiderbügel, Stofftiere und vieles mehr. Die Teddies müssen ein bisschen zurücktreten. Aber aufgeben werde ich das Bärenmachen nicht!


Für mein kleines Lädchen habe ich auch einen eigenen Blog mit integriertem Shop aufgesetzt und dazu sogar mein eigenes Blog-Design gemacht - mein erstes überhaupt! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn Ihr dort mal reinschaut.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Doris,

    I love your new Blog, it's colorful, wonderful pictures and a "fun" place to visit.

    Blessings,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, thank you so much! Thanks for the nice comment on my new blog as well!
    Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it truly is a wonderful & happy place to visit. BOTH Blogs....

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers