Monday, October 11, 2010

Back again! * Wieder da!


I'm so sorry I was absent for so many months. Well, summer was sooooo busy...! We had to re-do our garden. "Garden" was far too flattering for the disaster around the house we bought more than a year ago. With my passion for plants, especially for roses, my DH (dearest husband) gave me almost free hand to buy plants, make plans etc. However, planting a garden means a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. Digging in the dirt, fighting against lots of weeds and parasites, working in the summer heat, mostly on mid-day when the little one is sleeping. My mother-in-law asked me where I, being normally a paleface, got my nice tan from. *lol* (Of course she spent her summer holiday on a sunny beach in Italy.)

I hope to post on my Blog more frequently, as we had so much trouble with the provider of our homepages, that I think about giving them up. I simply don't have so much time anymore to spend hours and hours loading up-dates and calling the support, just to find my site switched off because they "thought" I didn't pay the bill. I got very upset.


Unfortunately, I was not able to do a lot of crafts during the last few months. But now that autumn has finally come, our garden comes to rest. And now it's time to make some more teddies.
Because - I have sold 2 more bears from my Etsy-Shop to the USA! To be precise, I sold 3. A buyer, a quite experienced collector, who had earlier bought a teddy from me, was so pleased that she decided to buy another two creations.
I feel so honoured, as the lovely lady must have quite a lot teddy bears. So three Alba Bears (shown in this post) will be part of her collection! The first picture shows "Ayumi", one of my first Anime teddies. I'm still trying to get the design working, but I think for a self-taught bear maker it's not too bad. The other two creations are traditional, and I'm a little bit nervous if the customer will like them. But then, I always am.

In the meantime, I also had time to get some inspirations and transform them into new ideas and designs. Ha, finally I made a first attempt to make a dragon (which is still in progress) and an Anime bat, as Halloween is coming up. And be sure there will be more new creations! I have so many ideas, I nearly can't sleep at night!





Es tut mir leid, dass ich so lange weg vom Fenster war. Diesen Sommer war ich sooo beschäftigt! Wir mussten unsern Garten neu gestalten. Wobei "Garten" schmeichelhaft ist für das Desaster, das um unser Haus war, das wir vor anderthalb Jahren erstanden haben. Mit meiner Passion für Pflanzen, vor allem Rosen, hat mit mein GöGa fast frei Hand gelassen für die Neugestaltung. Das war auch Spass, aber in erster Linie Knochenarbeit - im Dreck buddeln, jäten und Schädlinge bekämpfen, meist bei brütender Mittagshitze, weil da unsere Kleine schläftf. Meine Schwiegermutter, die ihren Urlaub am italienischen Strand verbracht hat, wunderte sich, woher ich so braungebrannt war. *grins* (Ich gehöre in der Regel zu den Bleichgesichtern.)

Hoffentlich kann ich künftig häufiger posten. Leider hatten wir mit unsern Homepages grossen Ärger. Ich habe einfach weder Zeit noch Nerven für die ganzen Updates, besonders da der Support lausig ist und meine Seite zwischendurch sogar abgeschaltet. Die haben "gedacht", ich hätte meine Rechnung nicht bezahlt. Ich war stinksauer.


Leider blieb mein Kunsthandwerk etwas auf der Strecke die letzten Monate, aber da es nun im Garten im Herbst etwas ruhiger wird, sehe ich neuen Taten entgegen. Die Teddies rufen!
Denn ich hab wieder mal 2 Teddies über Etsy in die USA verkauft! Eigentlich waren es sogar drei. Eine Käuferin war so zufrieden mit einem meiner Bären, dass sie gleich zwei weitere kaufte! Ich fühle mich sehr geehrt, denn diese sympathische Dame ist eine langjährige Sammlerin, und nun werden also gleich drei Alba Bears in ihrer gewiss umfangreichen Sammlung leben. Die Bilder der Auswanderer seht Ihr in diesem Post.
Auf dem ersten Bild und dem gleich hier oben seht Ihr "Ayumi", einen meiner ersten Anime-Teddies. Ich bin immer noch am ausprobieren, das Design richtig hinzukriegen, doch für eine Autodidaktin ist es eigentlich nicht mal so übel. Die andern beiden sind traditionell, und ich bin etwas nervös, ob sie der Käuferin gefallen. Aber das bin ich ja immer...

Nichtsdestotrotz war ich aber nicht untätig, sondern habe viele Inspirationen gefunden, die teilweise schon ausgearbeitet werden und Form annehmen. So ist derzeit mein erster Drache in Arbeit, und zugleich nähe ich an einer Anime Fledermaus in selbstgefärbtem Mohair. Ich habe so viele Ideen, dass ich nachts manchmal am liebsten aufstehen und arbieten möchte statt zu schlafen, aber da würde wohl Klein-Alba am nächsten Tag nicht zufrieden sein, wenn Mami müde ist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers